Protecting & caring for our environment…
At Interia Systems, we are totally committed to the maintenance and protection of the environment and we’re continually perfecting and refining our operations in our pursuit of environmentally superior options.
We operate in accordance with an accredited waste-reduction and recycling program and our office furniture has an end-of-life product stewardship ‘Take-back’ option (read more below).
For complete peace-of-mind, most of our office furniture ranges have been certified by GECA (Good Environmental Choice Australia) as environmentally preferrable options. View the GECA Certificate here.
The key points of our environmental program:
- To continually improve our work procedures and refine the components within our office furniture products.
- To minimise wastage and maximise efficiency in the consumption of raw materials within the manufacturing and distribution processes.
- To minimise energy consumption and promote initiatives such as the use of natural light.
- To source materials and components with a high content of recycled material were possible.
- To use timber and timber products sourced only from plantation forests that are certified and regulated by sustainable policies.
- To recycle steel and timber waste through reputable commercial outlets.
- To recycle or re-use packaging materials where possible.
- To use citrus-based cleaners in lieu of solvents.
- To use environmentally preferable coatings and phase out the use of chrome plated finishes.
- To ensure our products comply with guidelines stipulated by the environmental standard ISO14001 relating to product disassembly and recycling at the end of their life.
- To comply with the requirements of all relevant statutory legislation and laws.
- To encourage personnel at all levels of the organisation to actively participate in our overall environmental commitment.
We only use environmentally friendly timber…
The melamine that we use in our Premium furniture ranges is sourced from our supply partner The Laminex Group. The Laminex Group is highly committed to delivering sustainable product solutions and this is demonstrated by the following;
- Low formaldehyde products, starting at E0.
- FSC (Forest Stewardship Council) CoC (Chain of Custody), AFS/PEFC (Australian Forestry Standard/Programme for the Endorsement of Forest Certification Schemes) certified timbers.
You can visit thelaminexgroup.com.au for more information.
End-of-life Take-back Scheme…
Product stewardship recognises everyone involved in the production, supply and use of products and sharing responsibility for the environmental impact throughout a product’s life cycle…from production through to disposal. It aims to avoid and reduce waste and increase recycling and resource recovery.
The vital initial step in the cycle is superior product design. Our products are designed and manufactured to withstand the demands of the commercial environment and the use of premium materials is meshed with the continuous addition of new features to extend our products’ original life-span (First-life). To support this, replacement parts are guaranteed to be available for a period of 5 years from product delivery date, should they be required. (GECA certified products only).
Interia Systems Product Stewardship or ‘Take-Back’ Scheme completes the eco-cycle and assists with the management and disposal of our products at the end of their useful life with the original user.
How does it work?
We will receive and dispose of products manufactured and/or distributed by us free of charge (GECA certified products only) provided they are returned unassembled and in an uncontaminated condition to our premises in Kewdale WA within 5 years from delivery date (excluding transport). If transport to our premises is required, the charge for this service is on a ‘not-for-profit’ basis and the current price will be quoted on application.
This Product Stewardship Scheme is only available to the original purchaser of the product.
Returned products will be either…
Re-sold at auction or donated to recognised charity organisations to continue their useful lifespan,
or if unsaleable or beyond re-use,
Dismantled and have the components sorted by material and sent to approved commercial recycling outlets. Interia Systems guarantees that products returned under the ‘Take-back’ scheme will not be sent to landfill.
For more information or to arrange product return, contact us on 1300 784 814.